Crimes and Violations

Two children and a man wounded in Houthi indiscriminate shelling on Taiz city

Republican Yemen

Two children and a middle-aged man were wounded on Saturday in an indiscriminate shelling launched by the Iran-backed Houthis on a residential area west of the six-year besieged city of Taiz, local sources said, according to local media outlets.

5-year-old Ahmed Gamal, his brother Hossam, 9, and another man sustained serious injuries when the Houthi militia launched a mortar shell on Al-Maleha neighborhood west of Taiz, the sources said.

In 2015, the Houthi rebels ousted Yemen’s internationally recognized government and imposed a deadly siege on Taiz, Yemen’s third-largest city, for opposing the armed coup staged by the Houthi rebels.

Since then, a large number of residents have reportedly fallen victim to Houthi shelling, snipers, and mines.

Tags
Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Close