Crimes and ViolationsReports

Sam Org: 61 deaths documented among journalists, most of which committed by Houthis

Republican Yemen

A number of 61 deaths among journalists have been documented since the breakout of the war in Yemen, Sam Organization for Rights and Liberties reported.

The NGO organization said in its report it has documented over 1,586 violations committed by parties to the conflict in Yemen against human rights activists and journalists.

Sam said the report entitled ‘A Dangerous Career‘ was based on data collected from the Yemeni Journalists Syndicate (YJS) and testimonies gathered by its reporters from the victims or their relatives and the targeted media outlets.

According to the organization, the Iran-backed Houthi rebels are to blame for most violations against the media and human rights activists with about 60 percent of the total reported violations while the other 40 per cent committed by militias affiliated with the Southern Transitional Council (STC), government forces, and other parties including Al-Qaeda.

Click here to download and read the full report

Tags
Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Close